Calangute Beach, Goa
Calangute Beach – one of the most popular beaches of Goa lies in Calangute town. It is also the biggest beach in North Goa. Visited by thousands of tourists from the world over especially in the months of November – December; its filled with sports activities, nightlife and tourist destinations.
How to Reach Calangute Beach
If you are reaching Calangute beach by Train then drop down at Thivim railway station and it takes around 20 minutes to reach the town of Calangute. Prepaid taxis or the ones arranged by your tour operators are good ones. Buses too operate on the regular basis but you will be required to change 3 buses to reach Calangute which can be cumbersome. Cabs generally take INR 1000/- for one direction.
Things to Do in Calangute Beach
- One of the best things one can do here is taking a walk around the beautiful beach. As the waves come and go back touching the sky and sun; they look altogether different. Taking photographs is also something which tourists love to do.
- For those who love adventures; a number of water sports activities are there. One can go for parasailing, boat riding, banana riding, jet skiing, bumper ride, scuba diving for thrill and adventure.
- One can go for Goa Water World to enjoy underwater sports activities like scuba diving, snorkeling and likewise.
- For Sun loungers there are beach huts to relax and shacks to get drinks from. One can try Goan fenny or fresh coconut which is easily availabe here.
- Basically a family beach; tourists and locals often carry their stuff and enjoy evenings sitting by the beach side.
Nearby Attractions in Calangute Beach
Candolim, Baga and Anjuna Beach : All three beaches are near to Calangute beach. One can see these beaches side - be – side. One can easily cover these beaches by bike especially if there are only few members or group of youngsters is there.
Top 10 places to visit in Goa